• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k5a2+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I just ordered an 8K5A2+ Motherboard with Raid from Newegg. Is this board more overclockable than an Asus A7S333?

I also got a Chemning case,

i don't have any experience with the asus, but this board is a dream! great voltage adjustments, fsb adj to 255 (don't know if you could ever get there but still...) i had it running @ 170fsb the first day, still stable there after a 48 hour burn in. doesn't seem like much but with 1 stick of super crappy pc2100 it's screaming. i don't think 200+ fsb would be a problem at all on this board if you had some good ram, really good pc 2700 or pc 3200.

nice O/C deep! i'm looking for 200fsb myself. half to get some pc 3200 i believe, i'm actually pleasantly surprised that my pc2100 does 170. that's the best i can get from it though, get lockups any higher.

Outstanding with 2100 juliendogg. I assume you've cranked up the memory voltage as far a you want to go. As far a buy new memory goes, seems like the prices are coming down. Good luck when you decide to do it. :cool:

I have both and I can clock my EPoX significantly higher with the same parts. The main reason I think are the voltage options. I have a AGOIA 1600+ that needs at least 1.9V to run over 1800Mhz. The Asus only goes as high as 1.85V. Memory overvolting is also limited to 2.8V on the Asus and can only be changed by a hidden jumper not detailed in the manual. With the EPoX I can go as high as 3.2V which lets my XMS3000 run max timings at 172FSB.

deeppow said:
Outstanding with 2100 juliendogg. I assume you've cranked up the memory voltage as far a you want to go. As far a buy new memory goes, seems like the prices are coming down. Good luck when you decide to do it. :cool:

vdimm is at 2.8, tried 2.9 but still couldnt get any higher stable. rock solid @ 170 though, been folding and playing wolfenstien non-stop for the last 2 days :D

orion25 said:
I just ordered an 8K5A2+ Motherboard with Raid from Newegg. Is this board more overclockable than an Asus A7S333?

I just ordered that same board. :) I here it's one of the best. :) I'll find out. :):):)

Back