• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my pc3000 wont oc anymore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eliteoneXP

Ok I've had this stick of corsair 512MB pc3000 for a few months now and it could always do 174FSB like nothing. It ran well over 200fsb but I liked to keep it at an even174*10 at most aggresive timings. Now when I run it at that fsb I get bluescreens and programs crash left and right. Same thing happens when i run it at a higher fsb with a slower timing. I tried just upping the multi and keeping the fsb at 133 and all was well so it shows the FSB is the culprit. When I run everything at default settings everything is fine...is it possible the memory is going south? Its been fine like that for months..

Last edited:
It does sound like something is wrong with the memory. How long have you had it and what has the Vdimm been at?

Well I was just asking if he got any new PCI/AGP devices because when you up the fsb, you up the pci frequency, and some cards can't take the higher frequencies.

Everything in the system is the same as it was months ago...no changes at all. The Vdimm has been 2.9 for months which may not be TOO bad but i think it did something to this particular stick. I guess there's always gonna be a flaky one here and there. I also tried it at like 138fsb i think so that the pci/agp is the same as it would be at 174 (69/34) and it was perfectly fine so im almost positive its the memory. I just ordered 2 sticks of corsair pc3500...ill tell u guys how it goes.

Last edited:
eliteoneXP said:
Everything in the system is the same as it was months ago...no changes at all. The Vdimm has been 2.9 for months which may not be TOO bad but i think it did something to this particular stick. I guess there's always gonna be a flaky one here and there. I also tried it at like 138fsb i think so that the pci/agp is the same as it would be at 174 (69/34) and it was perfectly fine so im almost positive its the memory. I just ordered 2 sticks of corsair pc3500...ill tell u guys how it goes.

Yeah, it sounds like running the Vdimm at 2.9v for a sustained period time must have done it. I think Corsair has a life time warranty but they say that any Vdimm 2.9v will void the warranty. Even so you may want to try an RMA if you haven't already. That Corsair XMS3500 will be nice, have fun with it.:)

Back