• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All "benchmarks" run while overclocked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ACF

Currently OCed (see sig). I pretty much only play UT on it and it runs fine so far. However, I can't get the Sisoft burn-in wizard and 3dmark to run consistently without crashing. Should a successful OC never crash in those benchmarks under normal conditions? Would temps only in the 40s facilitate these crashes? Or should I be content that it doesn't crash running standard Windows operations and my favorite game?

Also, my CPU temps seem to be strongly affected by ambient temps as well as having my case closed up. Its a new case with 2 large fans in it but I'm not sure I'm getting optimal air flow through it. I don't know much about intake, exhaust, etc. so am just trusting the case to this point. Are there any things I should check on it?

I hit upper 40s C at full load oftimes with the case closed up. Should that be a concern?

Thanks.

temps look ok, how much does the temp drop when you open up the case? good airflow through the case is imperative. your board or nothing else should have a problem running @ 166fsb, you have a 1/5th divider there so everything is in spec. you have pc2700 i see, so that should be ideal. i'd try just for kicks, give it a little more voltage, keeping an eye on your temps. maybe 1.85 for vcore and 2.7 for vdimm. try your benchies there and see if it doesn't help. i'd put a 5 on in. i have to have my 1600 @ 1.85 at 1750-1850 mhz. takes 1.9 to get above 1850, and nearly 2v to get into the high 1900's.

Temps drop about 4 degrees C when I take the case off. But they spike higher when its on. I'll crank up the voltages to see what happens.

yeah, might wanna leave the case side off if it's that big a difference, looks like you may need to rethink your case airflow. just keep an eye on the temps, you should be fine @ 1.85v.

Back