• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATT Cable.. it sux...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scant7

For about 4 months now, my cable has been crap. I get 2000-5000 ping spikes in all my online games, CS, MoH, SoF2, RTCW, JK2... and ATT has sent at least 4 guys out to try to repair it. In that 4 months they have given me 2 new modems, checked out stuff, said it would be better.. and recently told me the problem was my network card, as he tested my modem on his labtop, and then back on my puter.. and pinging my gateway, there were timeouts, and on his labtop, there were no labtops. Just bought a new network card (Belkin) and guess what.. SAME PROBLEM! Im out of reach for DSL by like 800ft, and just called cable company again and they said it would be fixed within 72 hours, HAH!

I live in Fresno, and I encourage you, if you ever do move here, do NOT get ATT Broadband. :argue:

Whoops, did I say 'no labtops' I meant no timeouts... O yeah, my cable disconnects about 40 times per day (lights go off)

it may suck for u but works great for many others. U cant expect 100% of their customers to have a perfect connection. even DSL has its problems. I would not judge the entire company by ur 1 line.

AZN

I have been very lucky in Chicago with AT&T, maybe down 3 times in 8 months. Your experience depends greatly on where you are though, I have friends in Chicago that have had many problems. Knocking on wood.

If your cable is having problems, then put your money where your mouth is. Cancel it.

'But it's the only broadband service around me!' You'll say. So? Why should you give money to a corporation who just ends up screwing you?

Would you pay top dollar for a processor that didn't work, or only worked occaisionally? Why do the same for your internet?

For the record, I am very happy with my ATT cable. I have had better luck with ATTBI than I ever had with Verizon DSL and they did pretty well by me when I lived out in Philly.

I never expect any online carrier to have 100% uptime or to even have tech support that doesn't read from a que card.

Back