• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JordanBolduc

Registered
I am completely new at overclocking. I have a KT333 chipset and a Duron 1 Ghz (unlocked). I've tried experimenting a few times, but every time I try to overclock it doesn't boot.:( Please tell me what a good starting point for FSB and Multiplier and Voltage setting would be. I have a good fan and I would like a medium overclock. Thank you very much for any help that you might provide.:)

Why won't anyone help? I've studied and tried the best I could to do it but I can't. I just need some one to tell me in person (or in forum) what to do! Somebody please help.:(

first off duron knowledge is rampant much anymore.
thats most lilkey why.i dont like guessing and noone else does either.

but ill try and help.read as many duron oc articles as u can. and read up on the mobo especially as it controls 99% of ocing.

the fsb is 100 i think.if its not changing the multis in bios it may not be unlocked and may need done again.try booting 9x100fsb first to test it.if that works good.

make sure the mobo fsb setting is set to manual or auto on the mobo dip switches.

dont adjust any cpu voltage until you are sure of what you are doing.to up the fsb a bit u shouldnt need no voltage increases. this is later rwhen u know exactly why and what is needed voltage wise.

im not much help but im guessing at a mobo i never used and a chip ive only help. look at the stickys on the amd page up top also.reading and learing makes ocing alot more fun if u arent guessing. thats just scaring like driving a car blind and asking for a accident.

Back