• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hoot have question about lm338k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mord-Sith

I was looking at this chip and the min amperage is 5 what exactly does this mean? If I dont suply it with 5 amps it wont work or if 5 amps isnt going through it, it wont work?

I also found the chips for $3.95 with no shipping charges.. This was also the same place I got my 6" 235 CFM fan. The fan is rated at 2.35 amps and I want to use the 338 to controll the speed.

lol anyone can answer it doenst have to be hoot I just know he has the answer somewhere in that noggin of his.

That is the worst case performance of the regulator. IE, it will handle at least 5A of current demand through it. It does have both overcurrent and overtemp foldback built into it. Just like your CPU, the harder you work it, the more heatsink you need.

Hoot

great thanks alot... i plan on puting the actual 338 outside my case with a desent sized heatsink ... probably by an air outlet to get good circulation.

Back