• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it cheaper to build a laptop than buy one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

Just curious, cause my friend really wants a laptop and asked me about it. He wants the top of the heap, but doesn't want to spend $3000+ for one from Alienware or other brands. So (besides the fact that neither one of us knows how to make one) which would be cheaper?

parts for laptops arnt going to be easy to find

plus the fact that everrly laptop is diffent

i think in the end you hsould just buy one

Making it would end up costing you more than it would to buy one. The reason is that the parts are not standard and you would have a hard time finding a case and parts that would fit in the case. Good luck:D

Hmm...that's what I told him. Now that I think of it, I dunno what he told me (partially cause it didn't make sense, he said he could get all the parts from a guy that works at a plant that makes them, but the guy doesn't work there anymore?!). He just sold his P4 2.2 system, cause he was really looking forward to getting a laptop. Well, hopefully he made $3000 from that deal :(

Back