Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

may some one tell me when happen to oem

Thread Closed

Old 12-02-02, 04:21 PM Thread Starter   #1
1-Man-Army

may some one tell me what happen to oem

i do not no y but i just wana no y the moderators are mad and close down the oem thing ?
Old 12-02-02, 04:33 PM   #2
UnWishedLegacy

Havn't got the official reason (as I'm not a mod) but I would assume that with all the flame wars and other things being attributed to OEM- they (the moderators) probably decided to put a stop to it all.

While I (in hindsight) agree with their decision as people were getting fed up with it all- I would like closure on the subject, whats the OFFICIAL reason for the locking the thread- but as they said... things like this are probably best kept to a simple "thing before you act" message and PM's.

Speaking of PM's- try asking Jeff Bolton, as far as moderators and OEM involvment goes.. he's the best person to ask (but he officialy removed himself from the OEM and has no further involvment- just to clear that up).

Old 12-02-02, 04:38 PM Thread Starter   #3
1-Man-Army

keep me updated if u get any more info
Old 12-02-02, 04:38 PM   #4
Namagomi
Disabled

Check the 'macs final post here.

Bascially sums it up. It really dosn't matter anyways. The crusaders just ran off the ships to find that there were no Moors to fight.
Old 12-02-02, 04:47 PM   #5
UnWishedLegacy

Quote:
Originally posted by 1-Man-Army
keep me updated if u get any more info
I was reading Theelmac's final post of the "official OEM thread".
It was definatly about the flame wars, although it seemed more like a personal view on HIS part rather than a decision by the moderators as a collective body- but thats just my opinion.

If THIS thread continues to bitch about the moderators decision to close the thread- we could be opening another stack of beans, and I don't want another thing to explode over OEM.

But official wordage on the subject would be groovy but it seems that its just about bit****g, griping and people going over the top in the name of ethics.

Old 12-02-02, 04:50 PM Thread Starter   #6
1-Man-Army

ah im not trying to create a war but if i do sorry!
Old 12-02-02, 04:52 PM   #7
UnWishedLegacy

no- its cool by me- I want to know too, but remember that the OEM was founded on the intention of educating people and look where that went

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Old 12-02-02, 04:55 PM   #8
james.miller

too true, too true. i think that might be sig material!

E2160 @ 2.7ghz | Thermaltake The Orb cooler | Asus p5w-dh | 4Gb DDR-II pc6400| 1.00Tb of WD AAKS storage | Asus Xonar D2| 360 HD-DVD drive
Pioneer bd204 bluray sata drive | Corsair HX620w PSU | BFG GeForce 8800GTX | Silverstone SST-LC17b
| 22" dell e228wfp | 40" 1080p SONY 40w2000

ONKYO TX-SR805 | bi-amped mission m71i fronts | eltax center & bipolar rears
2x 12" custom built subwoofers powered by a denon pma-100m | PS3 with linux and a 250gb 3.5" internal drive | Nintendo wii

Old 12-02-02, 04:57 PM   #9
UnWishedLegacy

Not as good as Stoke Me A Clipper (but it was Arnold Rimmer that said it not Ace (just cos he was wearing a cheap wig(amd yes I know Ace is just a persona- I'll beat you at smeg quest anyday cos I'm just tooo smegging brainy) )

Old 12-02-02, 04:58 PM   #10
james.miller

Quote:
Originally posted by T.Toy
Not as good as Stoke Me A Clipper (but it was Arnold Rimmer not Ace (just cos he was wearing a cheap wig :roll eyes

he WAS ace rimmer then - or at least he tried to be
well done on noticing that btw! lol

E2160 @ 2.7ghz | Thermaltake The Orb cooler | Asus p5w-dh | 4Gb DDR-II pc6400| 1.00Tb of WD AAKS storage | Asus Xonar D2| 360 HD-DVD drive
Pioneer bd204 bluray sata drive | Corsair HX620w PSU | BFG GeForce 8800GTX | Silverstone SST-LC17b

2x 12" custom built subwoofers powered by a denon pma-100m | PS3 with linux and a 250gb 3.5" internal drive | Nintendo wii

Old 12-02-02, 04:58 PM Thread Starter   #11
1-Man-Army

hey james when are u gonna get ur new comp
Old 12-02-02, 04:59 PM   #12
james.miller

when the funds allow! lol (somtime next year hehe)

Old 12-02-02, 05:00 PM Thread Starter   #13
1-Man-Army

im so confussed about what video card i should get i hate my all in wonder 128 16 mb i cant wait till i decide
Old 12-02-02, 06:16 PM   #14
Thelemac
Administratively Deficient

10 Year Badge

Yes, my final post pretty much sums up why the discussion of that nature has been closed. This is not something that was ever supported officially, and was never an official body. It was closed down by me, and if you don't like it, you can feel free to appeal the decision. You can also take it up with me. However, posting threads about it when I SPECIFICALLY SAID NOT TO is NOT a good way to find out about it.

*click*

Thread Closed

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.