• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7VTXE Opinion .........please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KGH

Hi all Giga-byte experts out there,

I have a Ga-7VTXE in my hand now ( for free ) and wondering does the 1600+XP AGOIA Stepping would be an ideal choice ? Umm can it get to ..1.7ghz ? iam not hoping like other kick @$$ mobos ( ASUS, ABit or EPOX) but hey nothing can beat FREE hehe

what would be the best choice for this board ? memory and CPU

thanks

alright I get this idea. this must be the worst board for O/C I suppose that is why no one bothers to answer

I have never used your board, but had a GA-7DX+ which is pretty close to your except the NB chipset is AMD and yours is VIA I believe. IMHO most lower line gigabyte boards are great for stable everyday use, but not for OC. You might be pushing it hoping for a 300mhz oc with this board, but you should still buy the 1600+. I have a AGOIA 1600+ and have already hit 1.9ghz on air cooling and Im sure it will go even higher when I get my new EPOX board. These chips are always a good buy, and I think it will run well in your mobo until you decide to buy another mobo to meet the needs you want it to. :p

It is not all that bad, it is not designed with a lot of overclokcing features, but all in all it is a stable board. I has and adjustable Vcore of 5%, 10%.

Newegg currently had the 1600 AGOIA "9" cpus on sale. The "Y"'s are better, but I can hit 166 locked and it fairly stable.

wow COmptech ..
that is the CPU iam going to get 1600+ AGOIA ..but what RAM you running ?

Back