• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

large monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker550

They need to start making tons of 21" and larger CRT monitors, bescause the way I see it, theres too many LCDs

14" LCD= $300
15" LCD=$400
17" LCD=$800
18" LCD=$999
20" LCD=$1800
21" LCD=$2500

15" CRT=discountinued, no one wants
17" CRT=$99
19" CRT=$199
21" CRT=$399
$24" CRT=$999

that sucks! I want a 24" CRT but its too pricy!

I've never paid more than $200 for a monitor, and I always buy 21" Crt's (my criteria is they must be less than a year old and have a min .25dot pitch)

What I do is look for defunct Net companies or liquidators and buy them cheap.

(I'd pay more for a 24" though) :rolleyes:

Last time I went to best buy they only had 2 CRTs on display but like 15" LCDs! LCDs are inferior compared to CRT unless you read black text only all day. Think I should try ebay for a 24"

I bought my screen for $650 shipped from newegg.The best part is that I shipped is across the country and it was still cheaper then buying the screen in state.

in my book lcd's are overpriced and lower quality.especially if u play games.

i do love the space increase id gain.but i wont buy a lcd until things change.

You got really lucky if you got a 21" for $160 shipped. most go for around $300 plus shipping. maybe your model had problems or was damaged somehow. There is a reason why you got it so cheap.

Back