• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Temp Readings on A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its weird that it will show temps in bios, but not in any windows programs...you think its just cause of the crappy bios, or do i need to set a jumper or something?

Thanks for the replies...
Whats Asus Probe? I downloaded Aida32 and it says my cpu temp is at 32C and the cpu diode is at 25C. Can this be right? When i boot into Bios, the hardware monitor says cpu temp is at 48C..does it get this temp from the same place as Aida32? I have a xp1800 Tbred A.

Well I installed Asus Probe software and it says my idle cpu temps are 33-34c. But when I go into BIOS, it says idle cpu temps are around 60c, and even higher! I don't know which one to believe. When I overclocked it just a bit (1.53 to 1.60.), the BIOS said my cpu temp was 85c! Is this just because the BIOS isn't that great and needs revision, or is my CPU really getting that hot? I have a volcano 9 with thermal grease as well as 2 case fans.

I'm having the opposite problem... my ASUS probe is giving fairly accurate readings, but the temps in the BIOS are always less than 5°C, which obviously is crap.

So do you think the temp readings from Asus Probe are accurate? It says my mobo temp is 34C and my CPU is 36C...seems a bit low for cpu temp w/volcano 9, but maybe its running cooler because its a T-Bred. My last cpu was a palamino. Are T-breds suppost to run cooler than palaminos?

Thanks

So which reading do you think is accurate...I don't think my cpu temp is around 80c..as it says in the bios

Back