• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your experiences with the highspeedpc unlocking kit...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

Pls, i have one of these unlocking kits in my hands. Now im suffering the pre-unlocking jitter... Ive never tried to unlock an cpu, and in fact this is my first custom bulit comp and even the first overclocked one too!!!

My AX7 is a pain to install, so i want to do it right once and for all...

Man, ive heard mixed impressions, some ppl cant unlock succesfuly after 5 times, some others success at the first one, and of course theres still the possibility of a short :eek:

What should i care to unlock the cpu succesfuly on my first attempt??? Any other suggestions would be nice...

Pls, dont let my luck streak on AMD experiences be ruined because a short circite...

(Man i cant still believe i actualy have an AGOIA Y :beer: )

i have used that kit on three procs, all have turned out a success and only took about 3-4 min each.

take your time though, no hurries, i didn't use the magnifying glass (hurts my eyes) but i suggest doing it with it first.

to make it as successful as possible, make sure you don't get the filler on the dots, you can scrape it off with the pin, but sometimes it can be a pain to get off and/or keep you from unlocking.

Just go slow and you won't have anything to worry about.

NAS

NASsoccer said:
i have used that kit on three procs, all have turned out a success and only took about 3-4 min each.

take your time though, no hurries, i didn't use the magnifying glass (hurts my eyes) but i suggest doing it with it first.

to make it as successful as possible, make sure you don't get the filler on the dots, you can scrape it off with the pin, but sometimes it can be a pain to get off and/or keep you from unlocking.

Just go slow and you won't have anything to worry about.

NAS

thnx man, so ill use the filler in the gaps only... and hell ill take my time, i took 2 hours to build the entire comp ;)

any other suggestions?

Back