• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PIV 2.53B or Higher

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

misterman87

Hi guys thinking of buying a new cpu right know i have a PIV 2.26B@ 2.8 166fsb on a asus p4b533-e board with corsair pc3200cl2 512mb just wondering is it worth getting a 2.53B or maybe a 2.66B will i see a big difference or higher MHZ's with good bandwidth or is there a good 2.53B c1 stepping or something that i can get that eveybody is talking about or a good place where i can purchase one of them need some help thanks

PIV [email protected] 166fsb
Asus P4B533-E dip trick
swiftech MCX4000 cooler
Corsair PC3200 CL2 512MB
ATI 8500 128 297/297 chrome orb
Sound blaster audigy Platinum
2 X Western Digital 120G 8mb cache
Plextor writer 40X12x40A
DVD pioneer 106S Slot
Antec True Power 550 watt P/S
Antec Aluminum 1040 case with side window
with two fans also a top window and two black lights

Last edited:
I don't see much reason to upgrade your CPU right now... you already have a sweet rig and a good overclock going.

Thanks guys

Thanks for your help maybe I will stay with what i have it should hold me over for now thanks again

I would agree that you have a pretty nice setup already :)

Also, the advantages of a chip with HT will only be experienced when multiple programs are run or if you are running a application that supports HT. So in some cases HT can be very nice but in games and such, it's mostly the same so far.

Back