• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best, silent fan for Thermalright SK-7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bebaumax

Hey, guys, what would you all recommend for the quietest 80mm fan I could put on an SK-7 and cool a 1.4GHz Athlon XP? I'm trying to help my brother out. He has some screamer right now. He doesn't care about overclocking anymore, he just wants his hearing back. :) Thanks!!!!
-B

I use a Papst 8412 NGL 80mm on my AX-7 and it runs totally silent.

CFM = 19.4cfm
RPM = 1500
dBA = 12

I am sure you could get a fan with a slightly higher CFM/db and still be plenty quiet enough. I have seen a few peolpe recommend the vantec stealth fans among others.

I have that heatsink/fan combo on a stock xp1600 and sandra shows a max temp of 50C and that is folding 24/7.

nightowl, thanks for the info, bud. So you think the Vantec Stealth:
Specifications:
Dimensions: 80x80x25mm
Rated Voltage: 12VDC
Current Draw @12VDC: 0.10 A
Airflow: 27 CFM
Power Consumption: 1.20W
Noise Output: 21dBA
Rotation Speed: 2050RPM
Bearing: Dual Ball

Would be able to cool that thing just fine? It doesn't have to be SILENT. You know what I mean, you go from some 60mm SCREAMER to something that's just not LOUD, and it's like the computer's not even there anymore. :D :D :D

Any other input/opinions, I'm TOTALLY open! I'm not an HSF expert and don't want to burn out my bro's CPU!!!
-B

My Sunon 39cfm is fairly quiet. But the Stealth series are also good. You might want to check out the Panaflo's by Panasonic.

-PC

Back