• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is It Unlocked Yet ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Owned By Me

Registered
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
256 DDR333
133FSB @ 1.7 V Multiplier = 11.5
Gigabyte GA-7VRXP

Ive tried unlocking my cpu three times now, I used a rear defroster kit, and a crayon. I filled the pits with crayon and scraped the contacts to make sure there is no wax over them. When i mixed the epoxy and the other stuff in the package, it seemed kind of thick but i used a needle point to connect it.
I turned it on and it read AMD Athlon XP 1700+ , it ran at about 1474 mhz..and the multiplier was at 11...not 11.5. What could the reason be for it not working ?!
I want to reach atleast 1800mhz ;X

Any help or suggestions would be nice!

It may be unlocked-
Often the default mult is read funny when Its unlocked.
My mobo thinks my 1600 is a 1500
Have you tried to change the multipliers yet?

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!

Looks like a bad unlock. Check all your connections with a magnifying glass and make sure the bridges are not touching anything else. You'll need to redo the faulty connections or just redo the whole unlock process.

As to why your multi is now 11, it's because there are certain bridge connection combinations that will result in a 11x multi.

maxima88 said:
Looks like a bad unlock. Check all your connections with a magnifying glass and make sure the bridges are not touching anything else. You'll need to redo the faulty connections or just redo the whole unlock process.

As to why your multi is now 11, it's because there are certain bridge connection combinations that will result in a 11x multi.

Good information.

Take some 70% alcohol or higher if you have any and wipe those bridges and start again. As Maxima mentioned, try to get a 10x magnifying glass to inspect your job once you're done.

Yodums said:

Good information.

Take some 70% alcohol or higher if you have any and wipe those bridges and start again. As Maxima mentioned, try to get a 10x magnifying glass to inspect your job once you're done.

Thanks Yodums. That's really a compliment coming from such a respected forum member.

I was talking from experience from my very first unlock attempt where I could only get the x.5 multis. Just redid the whole process.

thanks for all teh imput guys, i inspected it closeley with a magnifying glass, it looked good, by the mixture that was made was kinda of thick, it's an epoxy, you mix 2 of the materials together one is a glue and one is a conductive material, and it seemed thick and hard to spread, is there anythin else i can use?

Yes, go to an auto supply store and buy a bottle of rear window defogger repair paint. No need to mix anything.

Exactly what method are you trying to do?

There are several combos you can try:

Super glue to fill the pits and defogger kit to link the bridges.

White grease to fill the pits and conductive grease to link the bridges.

Check the sticky.

Back