• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7v333 bios hardware monitor question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vibrantred94gt

Registered
I just go this board and in hardware monitor section of the bios, it states down at the bootom that the vcore is 1.82.

I have to push f1 everytime I boot my computer because of this.

Is this the vcore of the cpu?

I have the vcore set to 1.50....tbred setting.

If this is the cpu vcore, why is the bios setting being overwritten?

What jumpers on the motherboard could I check, As i suspect this might be a problem.

The board came with no documentation as it was a refurb from newegg.

Thanks for any help you guys could give me.

Yeah, I think it must not be in jumper free mode. Here's the manual straight from Asus.

.A7V333 Manual

You need Adobe Acrobat PDF viewer to read this.

You might also want to try the latest BIOS:

BIOS 1015

To flash, just extract and copy the file to a floppy. Reboot your PC and hold ALT + F2 and it'll bring you to the built in flasher

Do you have the memory jumper settings and what volts they eqaul by chance?

Also, I just figured out the reason my vcore was to high. For some reason, right next to the vid jumpers that control vcore setting in jumper mode(set of 4 jumpers at the top of the motherboard) there is a jumper that allows you to go over vcore. This jumper is not listed in the a7v333 manual, but it is listed in the a7v333x manual.

I set this to the can't go over vcore setting and walla, hardware monitor now reports vcore where it should be. cpu temp droped from 33 idle to 26 idle as well :).

This is strange though, because there is another setting that is supposedly the same thing down on the bottom right hand corner
cALLED vid. Also, all my vid 4 jumpers were set to jumper free and the jumper free/use jumpers jumper was set to jumper free.

Am I making sense here? Anyway, got it figured out. All my jumper settings were correct except that one that wasn't even listed in the manual.

Just thought I would let everyone know in casethey run into the same problem.

I know alot of people bought these boards from new egg and have read a couple posts about people have the same problem.

Maybe they should put a bulliten up here so people know in the future.

Also, read my other post about corsair cas 2 memory and a7v333 board for another intersting glitch I discovered.

Thanks again for the help and refernce to the correct manual.

Back