• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how is the bx-133?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

advanR

How is this motherboard? I want to buy a cheap but good mobo for my tualeron. I have a cuv4x now but i cant get it over 120fsb because of the via chipset. I already know the bx133 isnt tualatin supported.

Right now the cuv4x works great and has everything i need, for the coppermine i have now of course. It has a 1/3 pci divider to 120mhz, and then its 1/3 at 124 and up. I wouldnt want to have to screw with running the pci at 50mhz or something at 140fsb. Is there a 1/4 divider with the bx133 as well?

Can the board handle high fsb sppeds? 150 is the most i would throw at it. And it would likely only be 140-145.

Are there any other issues i should worry about? I would buy this from another forum member if one popped up for sale. But it looks like i will only be able to find one on ebay, for $30 or so.

if your selling this or another bx board pls PM me.

thanks

BTW, how is the RAID on this board? Is it usable or just a hinderence in overclocking?

thanks

Ive read up on it and have figured a few things out. It only has a 2/3 agp divider. That means the agp speed will be rising over 66mhz for every mhz increment the fsb goes over 100. That isnt very good.

I plan on running the cpu at about 140fsb. That means it would be running at 93 mhz. I read most cards can run at this speed okay, but im not sure if mine would. Its a radeon 8500. What do you think? I wouldnt want to damge it in any way.

Also it would only support agp 2x. I already knew this but im not sure what the effect would be. Ive heard it doesnt make a huge difference, but im not sure.

thanks

I have a BX-133, I was able to overclock to 115 fsb, bringing my AGP slot to 76Mhz, Geforce 2 GTS was stable. I was able to overclock my P3 750 to 130 FSB, but would crash.

Just got my BX-133 RAID back from ABIT (leaky caps replaced [they gave me a whole new board]). Gona put it all back together, this time, I Picked up a Volcano 7 and some AS3 compound, gona see if I can raise the bar.

AdvanR, there is a 1/2 divider too!

oops, sorry to get your hops up advanR, but there is no 1/2 divider, only 1/1 or 2/3.

I have my new BX-133 up and running, (back from ABIT, replaced due to leaky caps), and this thing screws!

Before the board died I ran a PCmark on it, then after, then overclocked!

PCMark2001 before PC died
CPU = 1831
Memory = 717
HDD = 463

PCMark2001 with new motherboard
CPU = 1988
Memory = 1337 (I dont know why my memory score doubled)
HDD = 656

PCMark2001 Overclocked to 125 fsb!!!!
CPU = 2485
Memory = 1528
HDD = 668

This BX-133 with a P3 750 is running stable @ 125fsb (938MHz!!!)
Thats 83Mhz going to AGP, and 41MHz going to PCI!
On my former ST6 with Celeron 1.0, if I raised the FSB past 105, my PCI eithernet card would be unstable, wierd.

3DMark2001 went from 4171 to 5108

Almost 20% overall boost in performance,

BX-133 RAID
P3 750 @ 938
448 MB PC133 SDRAM
Geforce 3 Ti200
60 GB Maxtor 5,400rpm
Linksys, SBlive

Thats great. Yea, i didnt really think it had a 1/2 either. Everywhere else said it didnt. Ive since figured out that shouldnt be much of a problem though, as most cards will handle 100mhz AGP fine. Plus it will up the bandwidth of the AGP bus by 50%.

Anyway, i have another question. What kind of warranty do these boards have? If i buy one from ebay will it be automatically covered? If it has some sort of 3 year warranty i should be set, because i think these were all made in 2000.

These boards' warranty has expired, however if your board dies (most likely due to capisitors failing) then you can send it to ABIT (RMA) and they will replace it for $25 +$5 for shipping. And now, by board has a 90 day warranty from ABIT.

Back