• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance EXOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mi6

Hi, I’m very interested in getting the Koolance EXOS external cooling kit... I’m all ready reluctant to get water-cooling since my dad would kill me if the water would enter the case =p that’s the main reason I don’t want to build it my self and get a kit.

Here is the link
http://www.xoxide.com/koolanceexos.html

What do you think?
is it a good kit for the price or might there be any better with more or less the same features. But remember I don’t want to build my own.

Also if you know where I might get this product in Canada that would be great.

Thanks

-M|6

hmm, $230 on Exos + $50 for CPU block = $280. That's a lot of money, considering you can build a MUCH better performing system for $150 or less. Rather than forking out $280 for mediocre watercooling, I would just save for a while longer and get a prometia.

I would say have your dad help you build and put together your own watercooling system. He'll see how safe it is, and it'll also be one of those good "Father-Son Bonding Experiences" like you see on TV!.:) And if he's not convinced that watercooling is safe, send him our way. We can convince him.

Hmm. im very interested in the "prometia" since it must be a hight grade coller, can you post a link with price. and i read the post on the other tread and well im still pretty happy with the price and perfomence.

also the CPU block dosent come with it, so would you guys have any sugestions? on witch one i should by apart from it? or is the stock one good anouf for my system?

Oh ya does anyone know if the top part with the 3 fans can be detached? im thinking of moding my case to make it internal. and just leave the top part out. im gona post it again and might buy it pretty soon.

The Exos is a good system, a little pricey though.

You should be able to take it apart if you want. Take some doing but you could put it in your case.

Great, thats just want i wanted to hear = )~ well i guess thats going on the top of my X-Mas list the only thing now is the cpu block. is there any others that might be worth looking into? for a small price direfrence?

You could technically go with any block you want since it isn't included. If you want a block other than the Koolance ones you may have to get hose reducers/expanders to get it to fit the block you choose.

You could look at the MCW5000. Haven't seen a review yet, but it should be comparable to the other swifty blocks. They make some nice stuff :).

i would NOT get an exos.
These reasons
1. Loud fans (dependent on mode)
2. Small tubing (Restrictive and may not work best with newer blocks only like 3/8inch tubing so only an older block or the CPU200 would work)
3. SMALL PUMPS ~ reason theres 2 is if one fails, otheres still going, BUT you dont know that and with how little GPH they move now, they might be able to take advantage of a newer block.
4. A SELF MADE SYSTEM IS SILENT AND NEARLY 1/2 THE COST!!!
I mean a
Maze 3 or swiftech
Ehime 1250 pump
BIE rad or HEATERCORE )86 chevette and some jbweld &barbs $25 total for heatercore, $55 for BIE)
10ft clearflex 1/2inch
Hose barbs, some waterwetter, and fans (panaflo L1A 120mm 80cfm at 30db)
for$175!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean you will get atleast 10c lower!! I mean...... bigget tubing, pump, fans, silence.........

"At over 120 watts, the EXOS waterblock temp just made it to 35 C" Page 3 Exos article.

It's an adequate system. If you don't want to build a system, you could get it and be happy.

well now if you read my sig im at 44-46 Full load on air..and 30ish idle witch is freaking good for me. I'm not going to expect too much from it but it should be bether then air.. from then im happy hey im happy with what i have now...its just a excuse to mod my case and disconect my power to my computer i know its cheaper and overall bether but I DO NOT WHANT TO BUILD MY OWN! thats the problem hece the KIT from all the kits i found and all the reviews i read thats a pretty good water cooling systems. when i have the time to build my own i migth just to it but untill then. im still going for the Koolance EXOS

i will post again when i get it and show you how i do.

for now all i need to know is if the CPU200 is worth it or should i get a bether one?

Voodoo Rufus said:
"At over 120 watts, the EXOS waterblock temp just made it to 35 C" Page 3 Exos article.

It's an adequate system. If you don't want to build a system, you could get it and be happy.

yes, the block was cool, but the Die temp was 53.4C...quite a difference.

I have to ask why you're thinking about buying an Exos and modding your case so you can take it apart and making it internal when you can just buy this for $208. It's a complete case, with everything built in. It's cheaper, and you'll end up with an extra case when done. It just seems like a better way to go. Cheaper and easier.

was wondering if the pomp can take all this load

Add CPU Cooler: CPU-200 Cooler (+$49.99)
Add Hard Drive Cooler: Hard Drive Cooler (+34.99)
Add MB/Vid Cooler: 2 Coolers (+48.99)

okey, well thanks for the input. i should get the system by X-mas and speend the next few days moding the hole thing gona take some sweet pitures and show it off. Cya All wish me luck.

-M|6

the external unit cools better because it draws air from outiside the case which is much cooler than the case air that the Koolance cases use.

I have been running the Exos for about a month now without any problems. I love the thing! It works perfectly with little fuss.

Running the Silver CPU-200, chipset cooler, and graphics cooler on a P4 1.6a @ 2.4GHz on 1.84 Volts.

Idle
--------------
room = 21C
case = 30C
cpu = 32-34C

Max Load
---------------
room = 21C
case = 32C
cpu = 38-41C

Back