• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Problem?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

centered effect

Registered
I had pencil unlocked my 1.2 Duron so i can overlcock the chip. Using an MSI K7N415 board and Crucial PC2100 256 chip , i can get to the desired speed of 1333MHZ at 10*133, Clock frequencies at 133/266/33 which is basically deafult except the chip. i have been running fine, till I get a BSOD saying that there is a memory dump and the system is dumping the physical memory to disk. I have not changed anything hardware related (except the HSF) and this only happens when i o/c to that speed. Any idea why this is happening and how can i fix it so it doesnt happen again?

With everything else stock and cpu overclocked, my guess would be that you might need to increase the voltage to your cpu some. Keep and eye on the cpu temps when you increase it to be safe. :cool:

The CPU had a voltage of 1.78 with these temps:
System: 29 Celcius
CPU: 43 Celcius

The system ran fine the first time i tried it, i benchmarked with it and ran a few stress tests, but then the memory dump happened when i did a Q3 level compile, then i ran it at default, when i tried it again, it booted to windows, then after a minuete it went to the memory dump again after opening up Explorer

All right then I would suggest you get and run Memtest86. It'll test and stress you memory alone, separate from the OS. If you've already used it, make sure it cycles through the tests several times this time. Lets see if the memory checks out or not.

You might also post in the MSI mobo forum here. I'm not sure of the MSI bios and what is the best to use etc.

Last edited:
Back