• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high pitch noise from 120mm ystech fans..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

well.. my friend (Grindee) computer started makin wierd noise from the 120mm fans.. the wires kinda like sit there and the noise builds up.. then u shake the wires and the noise goes away.. but returns over a few minutes. anyone kno what kinda interference causes this? i think thats the prob right?

max

hmm you sure the fan is making the noise and not the case vibrating? I have 2 of those fans and mine do make a lot of noise at 12v, trying bumping it down to 7v, makes it much more pleasant on the ears. If you really think its the fan take it out and hold it in your hands when its on, I bet the noise will go down to a hmm, thin a F**k after you find a fingure missing:rolleyes:

no man the noise didnt happen b4 and its not the case.. its something to do wit fans.. its like it starts to do this rattly noise (like a piece of paper, but quieter, was in it) as well to the little bit of whine.. somethin with the wires.. my friend figured out its the fan with 3pin connector > 4pin one.. mab i should try chanigng connectors..

It's probably wires bumping(vibrating against) the case. Try strapping them down a bit away from case walls. I tie 'em down using cord, you allways have to cut zip-ties.... It starts after a minute maybe because two or more fans interact and creates a resonance frequency.

Warlord2 said:
hmm I have no clue thin, maybe a drop of oil will fix it? I did that to all my 120mm fans and the noise droped just a tad.

i have y.s. tech fans as well. where do you apply the oil? what type of oil? will wd40 do?

Back