• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power short?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juliendogg

ok, so i just got a load of new stuff. included is a 400w sparkle psu and the epox mobo in my sig. everything runs beautifuly. problem is, out of no where they system will just click off. i'll have to unplug the psu and plug it in again to power the system back up. sometimes it will do this repeatedly. from bios or from windows or while booting. just clicks off imediately. no warning or wierdness or anything. all the voltage rails look good. i've jiggled every wire i can find to see if i can find a short somewhere. but no luck. any ideas?

it is weird.... can it be overheated? well you are watercooled... and that is a bit unlikely..... what about your RAM? try to run a ramtest on them to see if they are alright

also.... disable when critical error happen, system reboot from your WinXP system properity

think i got it. i got it to shut off by pulling on the wires right against the back of the psu. i opened it up, couldn't find any stripped wires cuz it was so tight in there. couldn't see. so i just made a bit more room and readjusted the plastic grommet. hasn't done it again no matter how much i jiggle the wires :). looks good

Back