• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

large pics?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skinart

Who has the FREE file servers on here so ppl can post larger pics? i carnt belive i canot find them they have suuch huge annoying text lol

skinart said:
Who has the FREE file servers on here so ppl can post larger pics? i carnt belive i canot find them they have suuch huge annoying text lol
that would be/ was me.

now my sig has returned to normal.

the information you seek is in a sticky in the general non computer discussion forum.

could people just not host images on say angel fire and then post links to the images??

Or everyone get ICQ and use WebFont

you can host the pics off of your computer while you are on line.

Just build your own server

I guess it only applies if you are on broadband. I am in BC Canada where almost everyone I know is on broadband. Its cheap up here. 39$ CDN about 25$ USD per month unlimited. I got an old P200 machine, tossed it together with a spare 10 gig drive and some other stuff, loaded WIndows XP on it, set up Apache, tossed some ram at it and boom I was off and running. An SMC 4 Port Router for a small amount of security. Got a domain name for kicks and now never have a problem hosting pics again. Hell if I have a file to send out, I host it myself. Granted you can get carried away I have over 4gig of web page files and photo gallery's. Instead of sending out a group email, I make a web page, then send out a group link.

If you need some stuff hosted for a while PM me. Outbound is limited to 1.5mbps

Back