• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

toms hardware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
I've noticed that a considerable amount of people around the boards don't especially like tomshardware. is there a specific reason for that?

some people think hes biased and is paid off... the only site i ever visit thats hardware related on a regular basis is this one so i dont care if he is biased or not

well, it is tom's hardware first become popular as a hardware reviews site then other sites begin to emerge. Tom's Hardware is trying to make $$$ as a content provider and yes he has (or had) influence in people's buying decision. However, more and more review sites have done a better job than Tom's now and people in this forum finds whatever Tom's says is not good enough for them anymore.

ya i would visit toms every once in a while, he does good comparisons of different things IMO. questionable articles and fake images, thats interesting, were these accusations or supported claims?

He does have alot of content - if you need information about something you will find it there...if you want to see how oh lets see...an Intel processor performs against a AMD processor for example :))) then this might not be the place you want to go...

my understanding of ninthebin
about bad place to view AMD vs Intel is Tom's... not oc forums... because here we have too many hot debate amd vs intel and we have huge population that support both amd and intel in this forum. Although the debate seldom have a positive conclusion, you would still able to see arguement from both side. Where as tom's... it is what tom says.

I.M.O.G. said:
ya i would visit toms every once in a while, he does good comparisons of different things IMO. questionable articles and fake images, thats interesting, were these accusations or supported claims?

I for get exacly what AMD CPU he showed that was a fake, BUT it was pulled off the site quickly when people started saying it was, something that happens when you do post a fake.

Tom's posted a video review about amd cpu start flaming... burns the mobo and all that.... by while playing quake 3 and removing the heat sink.

He shows that PIII will shutdown... and P4 just only suffer low fsp and AMD cpu start to smoke and flaming.

One of his ex-employee(Van) jumps out redo that demostration and shows that P4 crashed after a few second later and AMD CPU + mobo actually shutdown itself too. Then tom comes back try to argue yadi yada on his site... but then, people already loose the trust after seen the video clips comparison.

ohhh yaa, i remember that whole situation with the amd vs intel overheating issues, a lot of people were p.issed. that was a while ago, i had forgotten about it.

Back