• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCW462-UH Barbs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oreo_The_Cookie

Just a quick question about the poly barbs that come with the swiftech block,
Do the barbs have to be screwed in all the way to the block? Because mine only go in about half way. So should I pull out some pliers and screw it it nice and tight, or is it fine as it is? (I screwed them in by hand as far as I could)

Also should I use some sort of sealant around them?

I also have some brass barbs I'm not using, should I use those?

Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Use what's called "Thread Tape".

You can pick it up at any auto parts store for cheap.

Tighted the barbs as best you can.
They may not go in all the way.

:)

If your block came like that you might as well leave it. You can try to screw them in further. Always use teflon tape on fittings. 3-4 wraps should be good.

WarriorII said:
Use what's called "Thread Tape".

You can pick it up at any auto parts store for cheap.

Tighted the barbs as best you can.
They may not go in all the way.

:)
Teflon tape, avalible at ANY home improvment store or ma and pop hardware shop~

but i'd suggest you just use it the way it is..
putting the barb in more could hurt the block or wut not... might cause something to crack.. (maybe the barb)
think about it..

why would dd, swiftech, and almost every other block maker not screw in the barb completly?
answer: i think its because there isn't enought space.. but i'm pretty sure they know wut there doing.

adcutaly plumber tape would be the Metal Straping tape that they use for securing pipes to obscure places~

Liss said:
but i'd suggest you just use it the way it is..
putting the barb in more could hurt the block or wut not...
think about it..

why would dd, swiftech, and almost every other block maker not screw in the barb completly?

Well it didn't come screwed in at all, barbs came in a plastic baggy and I screwed them in as far as they would go by hand

It is called Teflon tape. You can get it at home depo or any plumbing place.

If you hand tighten them and turn them about 1/8 more with your pliers you will be good to go.

themodguy

Back