• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec case or lian li

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1-man-army,

you in a quake3 clan?

anyway... there are many models of antec case and also lian li....

which models you want us to compare?

and also... what is you want from this new case?

cool looks? light weight? roomie? or?

yeah are you in a quake 3 clan? I remember seeing ur name while playing, im [OC]iNC

anyways i'd go with lian-li, they look really cool and they perform really well, and most models have removable motherboard trays.

I think I rember seeing you too, in dod? I think I'm oblivion3134.
Anyway, Lian Lis rock, so, uhh, I guess I'd recomend one...

I’ve got 2 Antecs and 2 Chieftecs and there’re the best cases I’ve used so far. Li-Lians cost way too much, and they don’t really look all that great imo. Check this chieftec out.

Well ain't that somethin. Nice, purty paint job on that there case. Anyways, I'd say Antec, mainly cause I'm using one and it is super sweet. Lian-Li's are nice too, but they aren't worth the cost. Ok, maybe they are, but no PSU? Come on.
Doc

Between the two ... I'd go with Lian-Li of course! A black Lian-Li PC-65 w/ side window, black drives (floppies and optical drives), a pair of blue and red CC lighting, a Vantec Nexus NXP-201 Fan Controller (black), Matrix Orbital BLK202A LCD/VCD, round cables, and LED fans ... you are set! :cool:

I like the Antec/Chieftec cases myself... But I wouldn't mind owning a Lian-Li if I ever came across one that didn't cost me an arm and a leg...

well, I have both, a lian li pc-82 (some compUSA exclusive case) and the common blue chieftec case, both cane with windows installed, the lian li has some great features, like the sliding mobo tray and the all aluminum construction, sweet carbon fiber accents and other nice little details, but I paid $212 for it, with no power supply. the Chieftec case on the other hand, has lots and lots of room, and I really like the front door feature, as well as the removable fan brackets, although I hate the way they are purple. I also like the drive rails on the chieftec, I have found it to be more handy than the slide out mobo tray because the cable for the fron USB headers the lian li comes with arent long enoughto let the MOBO slide out more than a few inches, and each wire has its own little connector pin, so when you plug them in on the mobo headers, you have to do them one at a time, a huuuge pain!!!! there are simple fixes for htis, but for the money I paid you would htink lian li would have already taken care of it. you better buy long IDE cables as well, to allow the mobo tray to slide out, but theres so little room in the case that the 24" cables I bought are all stuffed up in there and kinda look sloppy, so the slide out mobo tray is really a useless function for me. not to mention, the aluminum shows fingerprints like crazy! but over all, its a beutiful case, once you mod your drive faces to match the case. the stick on drive bezels are junk, the adhesive sux and they peel off after a while. I liek the chieftec, although if you want drives to match the colr of your case you either have to paint them or pay extra for pre painted ones, but the door covers that up. another drawback to the chieftec is the simple fact that everyone and their brother has one, which really doesnt bother me, but if you're looking for something unique....this isnt the way to go. I also like the "pop off" side panels on the chieftec, they lock, and so does the front door, a nice feature.

Back