• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W00T!!! GF2 MX for P4 2.0 ghz!!! Now I need a mobo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shade00

Hehe, one of my friends was given a P4 2ghz processor that had like 4 bent pins... some idiot didn't feel like bending them back. So my friend had it sitting there for like two weeks and then I showed up and I was like 'WTF?!? Why aren't you using that?' And then he tells me he doesn't feel like bending the pins back. So I made him an offer he couldn't refuse... a 64mb GeForce2 MX 400 for the processor! I didn't rip him off because he was well aware of what he was getting... but he accepted the offer, and now I'm one Pentium 4 the richer.

My question for you guys is what motherboard should I get for this? I'm not looking to sink a lot of money into it, but I'd like some OCing options. Are any of the refurb boards Newegg has any good? Thanks guys.

Suggest the Abit BD7II (raid if wanted). Newegg has them refurbed every once in a while for 40 bucks (49 for raid version).

that way you will be able to use your current ram and not hafta switch to rdram.

see my sig for how well this board o/c's ;)

First off.. that's one cute girl maxvla...
I have a P4 2.0A running on a P4PE with 512 DDR PC2700 I'm running at 2.7Gig on stock cooling with 49C load...at 1.6V...its a really nice board.

woHH give me your old amd ! :D

anyway... is that chip a willie or northy?

and can anyone tell me whats the meaning of "refurbished item" on newegg?

it is very cheap but how about the quality of the item?

Refurbish means it was used in some way.. some parts got broken or defected and it was set back for repare... after its done with the repare.. its called refurbish since its already been used.
The Quality is good with newegg stuff.

The P4 is a Northwood :) Heh, I would love to donate my old AMD, but I just can't afford to right now.

I've had nothing but good luck with Newegg's refurbs. I hear people complaining about dead boards but I've never gotten one. *Shrug* Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Back