• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PIII 600E at 797mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

I am the latest newbee here. I have got a PIII 600E running at 797mhz clock and it is stable. Is this the norm for an overclock of this CPU. Stock cooling, stock heatsink.

If you are board, here is what I play with

Twin 24" cases one AT one ATX , (no real mod's (YET))
Single 18" ATX for my main machine and then a few other machines.

Web Server is running on a PIII 550 with 320mb ram.

Dumb question, but is there a specific place for newbees to post who they are and introduce them selfs.

http://www.david.westcoastfieros.com/computers3 is a quick gallery of what I have. (no pics of my main machine yet)

Just in caSE NO-ONE HAS DONE IT YET...

Welcome to the Forums!!

That is a good overclock (any overclock is good! lol!)

And I think that General Chat would be the best place, i think...

Yep, i have dual 600e's at 133, which puts them nicely at 800mhz a piece. It's quite a nice system. :)

I remebered that Intel needed the Cb0 stepping to get 800 without to much hassle...

You probably have the Ca2 stepping... I managed to get my 650E to 820 stable... 866 (next step) was a little shaky...

A friends 800E (Cb0) did 920, and 960 with TEC.

My 700E (Cc0) was a REAL WONDER CHIP!
1050 default voltage. 1159MHz, aircooled, 1.90V, with the best memory back then holding me back... :( Wouldn't do more than 165MHz FSB...

The old BX-days... =)

A 33% overclock on the PIII 600E is fairly normal from what i've seen. I've got mine on 804Mhz (secc2) since the day i got my chip. It gets a bit hot (63C load) so i strapped on a Xeon 5k fan instead. Now it's 54 load :cool:

I never checked the stepping as i just aquired these chips (and i'm a newbie intel person). I also don't know they chips, but my systems ambient temps is 18 degrees and so i'm not that worried. Previous owner ran it at 800 mhz on stock cooling fine, so, no worries.

Check out the OC database on the main page, I have found that to be very useful.

Back