• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high pitch weezing sound......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crash16

My computer has been making a strange high pitch weezing sound lately. It could be my video card, I can't tell where the sound is generating from. When I move my mouse or open applications there seems to be a direct reflection between the two. On Saturday night, I installed the newest Detonator Nvidia drivers and I chose to reboot later (jackass, I know much better). When I finally got around to it, it wouldn't boot. Then, as I started to attempt to locate the specific issue by unplugging all CD Drives, extra HD's I got the scary Memory failure alert as if I had no memory installed. I took out all memory except one stick, didn't work. I reset the CMOS, and when I did that, it would stop booting up when cheking the NVRAM... Couldn't even get into the BIOS...(Scary) So before I decided to throw my monitor out the window.... Literally... I went to bed. Next moring, I started from ground zero. Stumped after about 15 minnutes of trouble shooting the thing, I plugged everything back in and... Whammo, worked fine. The high pitched sound still resides, but I am still nervous... I will probably wipe the drive clean, and reconfig it, and this time Ghost it when I got everything kicking right...
posted by a friend on another forum just wondering if u guys could shed some light on this to help him.... he said it also starts as soon as the computer starts he pulled stuff off and it kept doing it til he took the processor off(dunno if this means anything or not)
Specs as follows:
MSI K7T266 Pro Mobo
AMD Athlon 1Ghz Processor
Visiontek GeForce Ti4600
NetGear 10/100 NIC (PCI)
IBM Deskstar IDE 20GB HDD (Slave)
Western Digital IDE 10GB HDD (Primary)
Yamaha 3200EZ 40x24x40 CD-RW (IDE [Slave])
Sony 52x CD-ROM (IDE [Primary])
Crucial PC2100 384MB DDR RAM

Drivers:
VIA 4in1 v4.43 chipset drivers
NVidia's latest and greatest...

I hear a really high pitched sound comming from my display or PC i cant fugre out which one though it s to hard to pin point

has your friend tried unplugging the system speaker? those small speakers don't have good sheilding so they can catch interference pretty easy.

so I plug my KVM directly into my computer bypassing the KVM switch...

i will tell him that, he posted this above.... were thinking it may be a proc so he is gunna order one to see if that is it

Back