• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Avatar Rules - PLEASE READ !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M@€$†®Ö™

Official Weight Watcher Staff
To Quote Shadow ÒÓ

Long and the short of it..........we're still way over on bandwidth.

Last month was roughly 25 gigs over.......at $10 a gig, you can see the obvious cost. The month before, well over 100 gigs over. (considerable saver was the pics not being displayed unless clicked)

Avatar reduction helped.......and reducing them further would also help (I'm thinking 1/5 of what they are now?).We've gotta get the forums under the alloted 150 gigs per month at minumum. What I'd like to see is either we drop it even further than that, and possibly drop to the next "price bracket" or start generating $$ to help cover the cost.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have been empowered by the Administrators (Shadow ÒÓ) again to try and help all users comply with a new upcoming rules change in regards to Avatar File Size limits. The reason for the further reductions is as stated above. The New standard and Rule, will be 120x120 pixels with a maximum file size of 10k (10240 bytes). There is a (1) one week grace period to end on Friday, December 13, 2002 to allow users to comply with the new standards, after that time they will be deleted permanently by staff and or management of the forums at there discretion. Please understand these changes are neccessary for the future use of the forums and continued enjoyment of all. These changes have been approved by Admin and Management of the forums.

I will try again and help all those that want help with compressing there avatars to the new standards. Please understand that it will be very hard in some cases to compress present fancy avatars down to this new limit.

Its suggested that a static image if possible be used, instead of a multi-frame avatar to help reduce the burden of compressing avatar sizes and help reduce bandwidth usage of the forums.

Please make your requests in the following thread so I can help all those who ask if possible.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145578

M@€$†®Ö™

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back