• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Irc Update :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpeeDj

Alright open up mIRC type /server kernel-c.nj.us.dal.net

In the status window, press enter and voila you should be on Dalnet, that is the main server so if that goes down, nice knowing you :)

J :cool:

speed - is there somewhere that will take me step by step how to get into the room?

Thanks

Either way, whenever I stick my head in, there's never anything going on. Is there a recurring weekly chat of some kind I should be looking for?

Current servers in use on irc of the people in the folding and seti rooms;

matrix.de.eu.dal.net
kernel-c.nj.us.dal.net
jade.va.us.dal.net

Hope that helps as always with mIRC just type /server server addy here to connect to a server

J :cool:

J - I still can't connect to anything?? I followed the directions on the site (take into consideration I am a newbie to Mirc;)) and entered your servers and came up with nothing:( I'll keep trying tomm:)

Cuper said:
J - I still can't connect to anything?? I followed the directions on the site (take into consideration I am a newbie to Mirc;)) and entered your servers and came up with nothing:( I'll keep trying tomm:)

Right now I can't even connect so I wouldn't sweat it.

DALnet has been getting DoS'd on and off for several months now, getting connected, and staying connected is quite an accomplishment right now.

Well, I've just added every server listed here to Trillian.... Hopefully I'll be able to chat sometime.

JigPu

Good luck getting connected to dalnet. SpeeDj asked me to post this.
Because of the problems with dalnet and the uncertainty of their situation we have moved to another network. Ops should be setup the same.
The network server is irc.zirc.org (that's the main server)
the SETI chat channel is #ocsetiteam

Back