• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS setting for MX200 agp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hayduke

Registered
Another question about this Geforce MX200. I have flickering problems in Flight Sim 2002 no matter what res or color depth I use. The panels seem to fade in and out of resolution as the gauges update. This is only on the 2d panel, the 3d virtual works great. I've tried altering almost all the hardware display settings in the program and nothing seems to make much difference. Any ideas what can I tweak in the program, Directx controls, video controls and/or BIOS to fix this?

Where should my agp aperture be set in the BIOS for a 32 meg video board? How do you determine this setting? I have it at 64 now.

System: PIII 600 Coppermine OC'd to 800. Soyo +III mobo, 128 Meg ram, Windows 98SE, PNY GeForce2 MX200 with 32 Meg.

set your vid aperture setting in bios to 32mb this tells your vid card to let the system use unsed ram on the card,video ram cacheable set to disabled,agp 2x mode,agp driving control set to auto,also install direct x8.1,reinstall drivers for vid card,

bassbeatz said:
set your vid aperture setting in bios to 32mb this tells your vid card to let the system use unsed ram on the card

you have that reversed, setting the aperture tells the system to let the video card use unused system ram for for textures and stuff.

with 128MB ram i would set the AP to either 32 or 64, you might want to try setting the drive control to EA (auto uses DA. this setting set's the priority that the card gets, the higher the value the higher priority it gets) also, the MX200/400 isn't known for good 2D textures so it might be a hardware issue.

what drivers are you using? i would try using the 29.42 or 29.80 detonators. i got the best results from those drivers with my MX400.

Back