• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pay for BETA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kajj

every now and then i'll go to the star wars galaxy site to see if there's any new news. last night i went by there and read up about their decision to go with a single character per server instead of multiple. honestly, i didn't even really know exactly what that meant but it became pretty obvious while reading the "article" (really a post in their forum).

anyway, there's a big debate going on amongst the forum's members about the pros and cons of it all, and a couple of them brought up the fact that Beta testers had to pay. huh?! i think it was kinda sprung on them. i'm pretty sure it didn't start till the second, and much larger, group of beta testers were allowed in since all the "beta testers' updates" i read never mentioned that.

i was pretty surprised to hear about that. i mean, i've never heard of beta testers having to pay to be a beta tester. have any of you? any of you in beta for SWG?

i'm not a beta tester but there's no freaking way i'll pay to beta test a game. i get enough of that crap with the retail beta's that are on the store shelves.

beta? the beta for SW Galaxies is going on right now? damn i signed up for it over a month ago and i recieved no email about it. oh well, anyway the point of having a beta is to find and fix any bugs in a program and then release a product that is fit for SALE, it would be unethical and downright wrong to charge money for a non-finished product.

i'm pretty sure that for the initial beta, and i think even the 2nd phase of beta, you basically had to be active at the forums. i can't remember exactly how many, but there were (of course) many thousands and there still aren't a whole lot of people testing right now.

john240sx: "i get enough of that crap with the retail beta's that are on the store shelves."

:beer: haha...

I also signed up for the SWG Beta, and i will not pay for it if i am accepted, I also got the EQ ps2 offer but they werent offering it to canadians, so i am SOL.

-solidsnakexix

Pay for Beta, no friggin way
I have no issues with paying Microsoft for the shipping charges though, nothing better than sending someone a document they cannot open :p

Back