• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocking xp 1600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goms187

My friend has a xp 1600 i went to overclock through his msi bios on his kt3 ultra board i wnet in and changed the multiplier to 10 instead of 10.5 jsut to make sure iw as right about all the settings and the right multiplier...when rebooting it locked before it even posted and hten i had to resetthe bios and all that good stuff...so does that mean it is locked or did i jsut do something in the process??? if it is locked what is hte easiet way and cheapest? thanks guys

Do you mean that you unlocked it before trying to change the multiplier? or did you just attempt to set it to 10x instead of default 10.5x, if it's not unlocked then it will not post .

mamer

goms187 said:
what is the easiest method for unlocking?

here you will find ever method of unlocking (welll almost) known to O/C. the superglue/defogger kit seems to be one of the easiet methods.

i used the kit from www.highspeedpc.com , it comes with everything you need and was very easy to do.

If you can get the defogger paint, i say go that way, as it will be a bit cheaper.

NAS

Back