• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Problem's With Temp Reporting On 7VAXP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I'm not too sure, but I think it's somehow messed up. Atleast I think my case sensor is. I'm getting a reading of 93F (34C) case and 123F (50C) cpu.

I had an Epox board before and it said I had something like 77F/123F. But I think I read somewhere that the temps on that board I had (EP-8K3A+) were also messed up.

So I really don't know. I'm thinking about getting a temp probe from Radio Shack or CompUSA tomorrow or something like that. I hope they're reading high because I've got a lot of stuff overclocked.

Temperature for ga7vaxp

My temperature on the ga7vaxp were reading at a remarkable 75 c or 155f. I rmad my mo board and my cpu. My cpu was good, however a new mother board is on its way. In my opinion this board does read the temp a little high. I will let you know once i get everything cleaned up and remounted. Hopefully my temp reads lower.

Hi guys, I also hope it reads things high. Which BIOS is everyone using?

I installed Easy Tune 4 (off the mobo CD) and am getting 45C load at my current specs, this seems a skosh high considering my cooling (also noted below). Easy Tune and the BIOS read the same temps, tested'm myself.

Later

well, my temps are at idle (34C/49C) right now, which is basically 93F/122F. At friggin idle! and I have some pretty good case flow! I don't have my AS3 and the HSF that I have listed in my specs on there yet, but I'm getting them sometime tomorrow from UPS. Hopefully that'll do something, but I think I'm going to get a temp probe and check it out tomorrow.

BTW, how do you check which BIOS version you have?

I beleive the BIOS rev is when you boot up the computer you should see GA-7VAX F5 or GA-7VAXP F5

The F5 is the BIOS...not sure if they have an F6 or F7. But when I got to upgrade my BIOS all it does is shoot F4's at me.

Temp idling now is 29C case/44C CPU...idle.
Geez...and with this cooler. Strange thing is...I'll play/loop UT2K3 for hours and that temp won't go above 46C.

::shrugs:: I'm content, just not thrilled. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, very strange. My hard drive died (the 40gb in the sig...it's been on it's last legs for weeks) but I digress.

I thought I have cooked my chip so I switched it around with a 900 Duron, which gave me the same black screen with cursor 1/4 way down. I then put my 1600+ back in but I put my SLK 800 in differently from before. I put it so that my screwdriver pushing the metal bar with the clip down was FACING the power supply (as opposed to the AGP slot). My temps are now Case 29C CPU 31C idle and Case 30C CPU 33C LOADED! LOL! I nearly soiled myself! No more heat problems for me! :eek::D :D

i was wodnering aboutteh temps too, easytuner will read high 50's(c) underload but today while i was at worki was running the sandra brun-in feature and the chart sandra gave me shwoed the cpu temp hodling steady at around 45 C.... which shouldi trust more? sandra or easytuner? and has anyone else noticed a similar occurance?

I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligence up in here, but in my thread (in this forum) I found out that I actually had too much AS2 on my chip. I heard too much actually insulates heat. (granted I was running 34C load then...now I used even less AS2 when I took my 1600 out to unlock it and now my LOAD temps are 32C case and 28C CPU) yea...THAT low.

So if gigabyte reads high...then what are my temps? 20C CPU load??!

I dunno guys...

I don't know HOW you put it on, but it should just be a thin film.
I am carefull with cooling, but i just wondered about other people. I'm getting the Thermalright SLK-800 and a high output fan. Can't wait to see the difference!

Also.... I must say.... I hear other's with high temp's. I am not getting that high as compared to what other's are stating.
I am running at about 41*c full load on a stock-retail hs/f. (running SETI 24/7) 41*c as I write this!

bah! my cpu is between 45C-47C idle..depends on my room temp which is anywhere from 68F ish to 72F ish...i think...but i'm gonna put on sk-7 and vantec tornado hopefully get lower temps, my system temps are 29C...i'm gonna get a temp probe to, iunno how accurate the boards temps are..(7vax)

Ok, I just got my AS3 and ThermalTake Volcano9. I put it on and motherboard monitor read 51C!!! WTF!!??? There was absolutely no change in temperature!

So I took it off and put the AS3 and heatsink back on again (after cleaning boath) and now it says that I'm running it at 71C! What the is going on here? 71C Idle?

Any ideas?

Did you remove any thermal TAPE that may have been on there originally? Just taking a guess. I am going to buy my own thermal sensor and put it on/next to the die and get my own reading's so I can compare and judge for myself.
Good luck.

Well, I've found out what was wrong. I was using an XP2100+. That's what was wrong. That processor sucks!! Oh my freaking God! I went back and returned it and got a 2000+ and my temps dropped 10 degrees! I'm now running at 40C cpu! Whew!

Akumu, if you can, just RMA your chip, or return it wherever you bought it and get a different chip. I've read about the 2100+'s and I haven't seen anything good whatsoever!

RMA my chip?
I don't got a 2100+...got a 1600+ AROIA 9 that does just short of 1800 (I think my HDD is holding me back...err maybe it's the RAM)
Don't matter, I'm getting new RAM and an A7N8X (sp?) for myself for X-mas. God bless the locked AGP/PCI freqs. Also patiently waiting on that 1800+T-Bred B.

mine's really messed

I have (24/31)c readings... yes, 24c on a green 1800+ t-bred. i put in a 1600+ (was 45c on an msi board) and got the same messed temp readings. The heat sink feels luke warm. The board's on warrenty, would exchanging boards give better readings? Or should I just get a compunurse/digi doc?

My temps where 51 load on old k7s5a @1542mhz and on my 7vax, it's reading 47 idle at stock 1400mhz. I have re mounted the heatsink too.

Back