• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k9a2+ & 2200+ overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saulin

Hello I just got my new board the 8k9a2+ and it is really amazing.. Sooo many good bios options to overclock.

However I was wondering if anyone else has a XP 2200+ with this board and is able to do 2.0Ghz stable with air cooling. Right now my max temp is 47 Degrees under full load.

I'm using a Volcano 7+

Right now I'm @ 1975Mhz
FSB 158Mhz DDR
Ram at 158Mhz DDR (normal settings) PC-2700 333Mhz

Now my ram is detected as Kingston but it says Winbond on it. I really had to max the memory voltage settings in the bios to get it stable at 158Mhz FSB

Can anyone recomment some settings for my setup?

I know for sure my RAM won't do much more since the memory voltage is all the way up now. I need a good combination of AGP/PCI/FSB speed.

I tried 166Mhz FSB which uses 66Mhz AGP and 33Mhz PCI and it crashed in the benchmarks. Which sux since the RAM should be able to handle 166FSB.

Any other settings I need to disable to get 166FSB with ****ty RAM?

Drop the mem FSB

Are you running the cpu:ram ratio at 133:166? you probably are since it is 333 ram (166x2). If so, try taking it down to run the same as the cpu; 133:133. i did so and it allowed me to take my FSB much higher than before.

mmm when I overclock FSB, RAM goes up as well. So 166FSB means 166Mhz RAM. In some cases I'm able to run the RAM at 133. All depends how high the FSB is. At 166 FSB the RAM is locked at 166Mhz as well.

Back