• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Processor Reccomendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bml2200

Uh, yeah, I was wondering what would be the best pentium 4 processor to buy that has the best overclocking potential and price and if it would have to any specific stepping. My spending limit is $250. Thanks and sorry if I wrote this wrong but I need an immediate answer.

Well, the best CPUs for overclocking would be, in this order, I think:

P4 1.8A C1
P4 2.4B C1
P4 1.8A B0

I could be mistaken though.

I hear the P4 1.6a is the best overclocker. I'm not sure sbout the stepping, but people seem to be able to get these CPU's pretty high (usually at least above 2.2 ghz). You can get them for well below $250, and they are easy to cool.

-Wesley

try to get a 1.8 northwood with C1 stepping
other wise, a 2.26, 2,4 or 2.56 C1 steppings would probably be in your price range

people have got
1.8 @ 3.6 on air (this chip came out of a dell cpu)
2.26B @ 2.9
2.4B @ 2.9
2.53B @ 3

if you want more info, go to the CPU Database at www.overclockers.com

Ok thanks for the ideas. :) But now let me ask, I want to overclock my processor to 3 ghz or around that area. I've checked www.overclockers.com cpu database and the 2.5 ghz chip avg around 3100 ghz and that was the best in the chips mentioned or is there a real good chance to oc that 1.8 to 3ghz? I also found an Intel Pentium IV 2.4GHz/533 478 Pin 512K
with C1 Stepping Retail $225.00. Is that a good deal?

Last edited:
thats a decent price for that chip.. if you want.. you can compare prices on sites like www.googlegear.com or www.newegg.com or any online retailer

1.8 C1's arnt out, well what i mean is that its really hard to find them. but if you do get one.. im sure it would do 3 pretty easily. but dont take my word for it

raven

Back