• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i flash KT-A bios onto a KT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natopotato

iv deturmened that my buds tyan via 133 KT ? [I DONT KNOW IF ITS KT OR KT-A]

any way it is not stable for prime or any thing iv tried alot of stuff iv swapped every part out u can and the problem is the mobo im runnen it witha 1.4 tbird and its not stable

any way my next step is flashing the board BUT

we cant find out if its a KT or a KT-A tyan does not have any bios updates for the "KT" but only the KT-A

will it be a problem if the board turns out to be a KT and i flashed a KT-A bios onto it?

let me know

I'd figure out which board it is. If there are absolutely no markings on it I'd contact Tyan tech support before flashing it.

If I am correct, a KT vs a KT-A, the difference is just the chipset - KT133 vs. KT133A. Some board manufacturers had a universal BIOS for these boards (e.g. Abit) and some had seperate BIOSes. Since a bad/incorrect BIOS flash can really screw a board up I'd recommend getting a positive answer before you try anything.

sb

yo i tink it worked i finaly found out it was a kt a

so i got the latest bios and flashed and now its prime stable [ehh at least to the secont test any way] i used to have instant hardware failure

i have to goto work but when i get back ill do some more prime95 and 3dmark tests [always crashed b4]

Back