• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N266-VM - significance of AMD Assurance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
Hey everyone,

I don't know if you all saw it but a couple of days ago, XBit posted an explanation behind this whole AMD assurance thing. What it basically amounts to is that a mobo with the AMD assurance approval is a board that is proven to have no hardware issues. To get this certification, the board has to be available for a full year without revision and go through extensive testing at AMD's secret skunkworks.... (lol). Xbit's comment on this is that if you're looking for the AA approval, it just means your board is obsolete (or at least not on the cutting edge).

So once again, it's another one of those things to be taken with a grain of salt.

Have you upgraded the BIOS and done the jumperless mod to it? I haven't tried it but supposedly it works good.

After all though, it -is- a MicroATX board. It's pretty much a granted than a mATX board isn't intended for the OC market...

i did the mod, upgraded bios, also downgraded bios as far as i can... although my chip is still locked, i don't know if that's preventing me from OC'ing

have to find the time to unlock it

Hi,

forget unlocking the CPU (L1 bridges), the multiple change at the Bios didn't work.
The only way, change L3 and L4 bridges to multiple you want.

CU.

Back