• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got Tbred 1800 AIUGA week 41

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiljaden5

What should I expect from this chip? I'll be running it on Epox 8K9A with Samsing PC2700 ram

Is week 41 any good? I heard a lot of good week 42s...
What settings should I try first and what vcore?

Well, I start with the highest voltage I'm willing to run based on my cooling, then see how high I can get the chip to POST before it doesn't. After that, I start walking down until I get get into windows and once into windows a series on mini-stress tests. I fine tune from there.

Essentially, find the peak mhz for the core, then determine the peak for the memory. Tweak for stability.

kiljaden5 said:
thanks, i'll follow that

what do you think is a good voltage to start at? My cooling is a Volcano 9

I was pumping 1.7v with an AX-7 and smart fan 2 and it seemed cool enough that I could run more...

If you have good case cooling/air flow and heat isn't usually an issue, I can't see why 1.75 or even 1.80v couldn't be used.

I've got my week 41 AIUGA at 1826MHz right now, with a vcore of 1.725. I think it tops out around 1910MHz but I have to play with it a bit more. It runs pretty cool with my Volcano 9 at a mid-ranged fan setting.

I got for the opposite approach. I start around 10% above the default clock speed, with the default vcore, and run the Sandra burn-in. If it passes I move up around 50 to 100Mhz at a time, upping the vcore when needed.

I don't really think it makes much difference which approach you use, I just find it more fun this way.

Captain Hilts said:
I don't really think it makes much difference which approach you use, I just find it more fun this way.

Funny you say that, I was thinking when proof reading my reply how systematic I've made this whole overclocking thing... rotflmao

But my method works, as does yours, but mine takes me less time to achieve something of a good overclock (had my tbred stable at 2000ghz in 30 minutes when I started overclocking it).

Haha, well you're certainly right about the time it takes, my method takes a few hours or so, depending on how many times I loop the burn-in at each step. The end result is the same though.

I guess I feel like I'm being more 'nice' to the processor by easing him into it, rather than throwing him into the fire immediately.

Captain Hilts said:
I've got my week 41 AIUGA at 1826MHz right now, with a vcore of 1.725. I think it tops out around 1910MHz but I have to play with it a bit more. It runs pretty cool with my Volcano 9 at a mid-ranged fan setting.

yours is a 1700 though, I sure hope mine goes faster than 1900mhz... I was hoping for 2ghz when I ordered it:mad:

kiljaden5 said:

yours is a 1700 though, I sure hope mine goes faster than 1900mhz... I was hoping for 2ghz when I ordered it:mad:

Each cpu is different. The current AIUGA cores being sold as 1700 and 1800 cpus are pretty close in overclocking ability.

You're right, but I don't think that it makes much of a difference whether it's a 1700 or 1800. The big difference here seems to be the week. Week 45s, whether 1700 or 1800s, seem to hit 2Ghz pretty easily.

It's more up in the air with these week 41s. There's an earlier thread regarding this week, I think some have hit 2GHz with it.

well I'm in windows xp at 166x12

I tried going 166x12.5, it posted, but wouldn't get to the windows load screen :(

time to run some tests and try for more :D

Sounds good, 1.8v isn't too bad. I'm at 1.8v now but that's only good enough for 166x11.5. I was able to get into windows and do some Sandra benchmarks at 166x12 before it crashed. I need 1.93v to get there though, so I think 2GHz is out of the question for me.

well my 3DMark score improved to 9802

and Sandra reports it performing a tiny bit slower than a 2400 which is acceptable... time to crank it higher just to see how it does:D

seems to be running fine at 181x11 :D 12x170,169,168 aren't stable so I decided to play with higher FSBs

I think after burning in, I can possibly reach 2080mhz, with luck

nevermind, both 181x11 and 166x12 freeze up in prime95

I think I'm going to burn it in at 1.85Vcore for 24hrs and see what I can do tomorrow

got my tbred 1800 today AIUGA (green) and i think it's DOA
updating bios now but don't think that will help
i have a 1800+ palomino on it already why would i need to update anything?????
bad luck man!
:mad:

Lord Moreira said:
i have a 1800+ palomino on it already why would i need to update anything?????

Resetting the cmos might help as they are identified by the bios as two distinct/different cores.

I have one of these AUIGA week 41 chips. I have mine at 152*12.5 (1900mhz it dosent always post but when it does its perfectly stable, ran seti for 3 days no crashes) I cant for the life of me get the 166fsb to work at all even with my agnga palomino unlocked it wont do it. But im running 1.85V with a volcano 7+ in a thermaltake case (5 fans and its massive) on full load with prime95 it reaches 34 deg idles at 29.

here is a update
put it on my 2nd rig with a cheesy shuttle ak12a kt133 and it worked no prob what so ever and this board was made almost 4 years ago
still can't boot on my MSI KT266a Pro 2 RU
tried flashing with last bios version , clearing cmos....... nottin
it won't even budge
this msi comes with LED's that help u diagnost problems and in this case it does get passed the first set of colors = 4 red leds that means :

-damaged or not properly installed cpu :mad:
i'm going to hate to have to rma this 1 back but i have no other choice

w t f is going on?!:mad: :mad:

i know there is ppl running these tbred on the same mobos as me
and the install went as easy as it went for on the wrong mobo that has no bios features and it's for file server purposes only.
anyone that has experienced this same or similar thing please shead some light this way

I'm a comp tech that knows when to put pride a side.
TIA

Back