• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thezman

Registered
What is every ones opinion on Volcano 9, I have a XP2000+ @1.8 and want to get a new fan and new CPU, (XP2400+) And just wanted to know what fan to get.
Or peoples opinions on fans.

Cheers all.

don't know but so far i think the volcano is a good hsf..but for amd cores up xp 2200+ non-o/ced because i ran my 2400 on stock and still get like 40C idle and 47 load which is not good for my taste.

Thanks, but I really need somthing thatis goin to keep it really cool.
Has any one else got any ideas . . . . . . ?

The SK7 can cool "CPU Palamino 2000+ and higher" when it says and higher, how high does it mean??
And what is Palamino??

Boo. I would say go with the SLK800 mate, go for a Thermal Take fan too, 80mm.

Slk-800 would be the best solution, but if you want something more budget friendly closer to Volcano 9 price, I agree with sk7. Great choice and you have the option of using 3 different fan size on it. Even 70 so you could check out those YS tech TMD fans.

thezman said:
The SK7 can cool "CPU Palamino 2000+ and higher" when it says and higher, how high does it mean??
And what is Palamino??

XP's 1600+ to 2100+ are Palamino (larger core but more volts then the newer models)

And another vote for the SLK-800 (if you are not paying UK prices)

after a lond duscussion I think I will go with the SLK-800, now all I need to do is to find a place to buy it, does ny one know any bagains in at the moment??

I thought the Volcano 7+ was better than the 9? :confused

Oh my god, Im sooooo confused, help me which one is best what shall I get?
Sooo LOST?

Yes, absolutely. The SLK-800 is truly a great heatsink, yet it becomes rather costly with a good fan. How about you try the AX-7 from the same company I believe

SK7 or SLK-800 with a high CFM fan. TT doesnt really give thermalright any competiton IMO in the high performance sector (although I must say I'm fairly pleased with my 6cu+, considering I got it for 20 cdn)

I do believe that the Volcano 7+ cools better, and i think that it is roughly the same price. but nothing from thermaltake has been able to stand up to the best from alpha and thermalright. SLK-800 is what i would go with. Vantec Tornado for power or a smartfan from thermaltake for low noise. Budget I would have to go with the Volcano 7+.

So I have decided to go with the SLK-800, now all I need is a cheap place to buy one and I need to know what fan to get with it?? Opinions?

Just checked out this site, > (Look at the Graph)
And realized they have roughly the same set up as me, the temps they are getting are about the same as mine and I have a crappy Zalman HFS, so Y am I considering to spend 60-70, that aint gonna be any better than what I have?????

Back