• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this setup any good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TLKfatman

1st time water cooling and want to bild a good computer with out a ton of munny but one i can have for long time.

let me know if i should go with somthing diff and if this will all work together

water cooling stuff
cpu cooler D-TEK TC-4 or
cpu cooler innovaCOOL
mobo cooler innovagpu water block (vga/chipset)
vid cooler innovagpuwaterblock (geforce 4)
water pump 1048 eheim
rez innovatek aluminum tank
radeator maxxxpert 120mm
120 mm fan

computer stuff
mobo abit at7-max2
ram 512 3200
cpu AMD 1800
hd 40gig 7200rpm
vid card posibly a gf4 440 or onboard

Last edited:
my only suggestions are:
skip the maxxxpert radiator and get a cheap heatercore from a local autoparts place, you'll save money without sacrificing performance.

skip the chipset cooler, these are very debatable as to whether they have any benefit at all. go with a fan if you think it essential.

don't dare go with onboard video if you think you will do any gaming at all, i think it is safe to say onboard video is basically worthless for gaming.

get the athlon xp 1600+, it is a much better overclocker than the 1800+ and it is cheaper. the 1600 will give you better speeds.

thats my quick advice.

i think innovatek uses 1/4" fittings. so if you plan on using anything from them, get everything from them. i think you should go with the tc4 , a heatercore, and the 1048 should work fine

get the athlon xp 1600+, it is a much better overclocker than the 1800+ and it is cheaper. the 1600 will give you better speeds.
can get 1600 for 55 can get an 1800 for 59 will ither oc the other

think innovatek uses 1/4" fittings. so if you plan on using anything from them
8mm inside/10mm (3/8") outside

im saying both are about the same price i want the one that will go higher in mhz

Last edited:
cool, the 1600 will go higher in Mhz/Ghz
edit: i should qualify that statement. i believe the 1800+ has been overclocked higher than the 1600+. however, the 1600+ will overclock most easily... to get the same results out of the 1800+ it may be like pulling teeth. ask around and i think that is basically the opinion you will find most often.

Last edited:
Back