• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for Alienware type case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hybrid

Registered
Hi, Im looking for one of those cases that are like the alienware ones. I know Antec and Chieftec make them , but I cannot seem to find one that is the type Im looking for. Id like one that has atleast 4-5 fans, and a nice big side window =). Color wise I would like either the Orange Red Color, Black, Blue or maybe Silver.
Also totally off topic, but does anyone know if ANYONE makes Orange Cold Cathode lights? I cannot find any.

Thanks

I got my alien like case from newegg.com

Allunimium blue case dragon series with clear side window.

It has 2 clear case fans but capable of putting 4 case fan in. You can buy 4-LED Clear Case Fan, cold light kit and Fan Grill from many places.

Directron is the biggest US distibutor of Cheiftec's you can find just about any model you want there. I opped for the AX01-SLD Aluminum Silver it has 5 fans holders by default. 2 Front 2 back 1 side. If you opp to get it with a window kit for an additional $30 I believe you lose the side fan. I am looking for a window kit that has a fan in it. They should be out there somewhere Cheiftec has them on their site but I can't find anyone who stocks them.

Shawn

I cant decide between the Chieftec Dragon or the Chieftec Matrix. The Chieftec Matrix comes with more fan holders, and is bigger I think. I was wanting to find an Aluminum Matrix but I dont think they make them do they? Also where can I get a Matrix with a side window and blowhole?

That Xoide case is more then I was wanting to spend. So the Dragons are Aluminum and the Matrix are steel? Is aluminum really that much better then steel?

it's a helluva lot lighter, that's for sure (aluminum)

Actually, the Dragon has 5 fan holders. There is one in the side (on the window), there are 2 on the back, and then 2 in the front(on one of the cages im using for hdd) and there is one close to the bottom of the case.

That adds up to 5, but im not sure if this is on all, or if all dragons are the same.

Just my experience and $.02.

Good luck case huntin!

Back