• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec True Control 550...Dream PSU!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
3% tolerances and adjustable pots sounds nice. I'm already pretty happy with my true 430 though.

~$160 is a bit too much though IMHO.

Figure $160 is what we'd sell it for on our site. So your favorite places (all together now... NEWEGG!!!) are likely to have it for a bit less then that.

Hopefully this addresses some of the concerns/desires people have let us know about (on forums and via e-mail).

AntecRep

AntecRep said:
Figure $160 is what we'd sell it for on our site. So your favorite places (all together now... NEWEGG!!!) are likely to have it for a bit less then that.

Hopefully this addresses some of the concerns/desires people have let us know about (on forums and via e-mail).

AntecRep

SWEET! We even have a Antec Rep here at the forums!!
Dang bro...I am gonna swap out my Enermax 431w for this bad boy...wahooooooo! I can't belive it...adjustable pots!!!! Yeah!!!

AAAHHH DANG it ...... I just purchased a TP550 , and NOW this good news of being adjustable ! Oh well , thats progress for ya (and nice customer support ; Antec "listening to its customers") . Cant really complain at this point , my TP550 is doing nicely . :D

Last edited:
AntecRep said:

AntecRep
AntecRep you rock!!! I know in the past I suggested to you that Antec make a PSU with 1% tolerances, however, I think this solution is even better! For example, EVERY mobo reports a different value of voltages than the next, even if it is the SAME MODEL! My PCP&C PSU is always spot on the rails with a multimeter no matter idle or load. Some mobo's hog the power or are very inefficient at transferring it and yield some lowish values. I do believe I MAY retire the PCP&C when this bad boy comes out... I can honestly say that ANTEC is listening to their customers! Way to go!

I just stepped into the market for a new PSU, too :D (my 300w Aopen's been giving me problems as of late)

FWIW, Newegg had Antec Refurbed PP-412 units for something like $49 shipped. That's a good deal if only to put on the shelf as a backup PSU. That, having been said, I look forward to this brute hitting the market. I will definiitely get one when they do. Kind of like having a .50AE just because you can.

Hoot

I look forward to this brute hitting the market. I will definiitely get one when they do. Kind of like having a .50AE just because you can.

Right on Hoot, couldn't have said it any better.

fdoggiedog woof woof

OSUmaxx said:
3% tolerances and adjustable pots sounds nice. I'm already pretty happy with my true 430 though.

~$160 is a bit too much though IMHO.

For around the same amount you could buy a PCP&P PSU which I would certainly prefer over an Antec. I have the 475W PCP&C and I'll never go back to a normal PSU again.:)

RnPgrosz said:

For around the same amount you could buy a PCP&P PSU which I would certainly prefer over an Antec. I have the 475W PCP&C and I'll never go back to a normal PSU again.:)

Give us a link bro. i have never heard of a PCP&C PSU.

Back