• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X & A7N8X Deluxe ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SonyEricsson

Registered
Hello there,

What is the difference between the Asus A7N8X Deluxe and A7N8X ? Is it just Serial ATA Technology ?

Thanks.

~NFS~ ;)

Last edited:
Sata and the extra onboard lan, plus I think the deluxe has better audio, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

SATA is serial ATA - the upcoming interface standard for non-scsi hard drives which will ultimately replace IDE. Currently there are no sata hard drives - or at least they're not easy to find. You can buy adapters that will let you connect a regular IDE drive to the sata ports on the mobo, but I'd just hold out for the real sata drives. Unfortunately the only raid setup on this board uses the sata ports, so if you just gotta have raid then you'll need to wait for the sata drives or buy the adapters.

I think that you need to get the Deluxe model to benefit from the nVidia Soundstorm technology - can anyone explain to me what soundstorm is... :D

Yes, you have to get Serial ATA convertors for your IDE-drives unless you find any SERIAL ATA-drives (think there is a SATA Seagate Barracuda V out as we speak but in limited quantities!?)

Hotswap should be possible with SATA-drives, unless they are in a RAID1-setup - correct?

@ TC, that answered my question perfectly :)
That was what I meant. Thanks for the link, but I think I will hold out till the real thing comes out :D

Last edited:
Back