• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

frustrating problem ive been battleing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rival|prophecy

first off, my 3dmark scores are around average, if not a little worse, but that may be related to my next problem. if anyone that plays counter-strike a lot, you'd know that when you see multiple models or sprites (ie smokes, nades etc) your fps get "capped" at a certain fps. for example today i was playing and looking across dust 2 and i saw 2 players and a smoke grenade in front of me and hit the scoreboard button, and my fps "capped" at 50, wouldnt go above it or anyhting. this reminded me of a bug i solved with the AGP fix that game with VIA's 4in1s when i had my 1.4 tbird. anyone know of a similar fix?
I tried the intel infs and the application accelerator, neither seemed to have made a difference in 3dmark or counter-strike.

current comp specs:
P4 2.26(533)
Intel D845EBG2
GF3 Ti200
SB Live! Value
Linksys LNX 100TX
2x 60GB IBM Deskstars

GF3 Ti200 that came with my dads dell, but like i said, i fixed this problem with my amd. only thing i changed was the processor and mobo and the problem is back

maybe i didnt explain the problem well enough, example number 2: i throw down 5 smoke grenades and let them run their course and by the time they are letting out their max ammount of puffs(5 or something) my fps get like capped at 50 (normally my fps is at 99, the cap of the engine) and as soon as one or 2 of them disappear, my fps immideatly go back up to 99... this also happens if theres about 4-5 people in front of me... First im getting 99 fps, the highest of the engine, i hit scoreboard and it immideatly drops to 50, almost like a cap is placed. doesnt go above 50, doesnt go below. its trying to go above it i know because my 2.26 can run it, but its like some sort of strange cap is being placed. please help

Rival,
please read my reply a bit more carefully.
I asked not about the video card, but about the video card drivers!
I understand perfectly the problem you're having.:p

Back