• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Overclocking Failure!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jnik79

I NEED HELP OVERCLOCKING MY AMD 1000 CPU. MY MOTHERBOARD IS A QDI KINETIZ K7E-A, AND WHEN I RAISE THE FSB SPEED FROM THE BIOS IT REMAINS THE SAME!!! MY PREVIOUS CPU WAS A PII 350 WHICH WORKED FINE AT 525MHz(QDI MAINBOAD ALSO). IF ANYONE HAS HAD SOME SUCCESS WITH THIS MAINBOARD+CPU PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

I take it when you go into the BIOS after a restart it has the higher FSB setting? its not resetting itself on boot or anything?

Welcome to the forums.
Please avoid typing in all-Caps. It is quite hard to read.

As for the problem you are having, what exactly did you try, and what happened after you restarted with a higher FSB setting?

David

Johnnis

I changed the FSB setting through the bios(any value). Saved my new settings, & exited bios. Then not only the cpu posted at 1000MHz (no change), but also when i entered the bios again, it had its default settings (for the FSB). My mainboard has jumpers for: FSB(100/133), cpu multiplier(tried it, no change), and cpu voltage. I also tried software overclocking (softFSB) but a 1MHz change resulted to a crash.

I noticed that when i lower the FSB (below 133), it works fine. So i tried this: I lowered the FSB while increasing the multiplier.NOTHING!!!! Could my CPU be multiplier & bus ratio locked? And if so, how can i unlock either? (preferably the FSB!).

your multiplier is locked so without unlocking it, you wont be able to change it. About the FSB, if you have the jumper set at 100, then you can only change it up to 132, once you set the jumper to 133, then you can change it beyond.

The reason when you change your FSB to 133 and it did not work maybe because your chip can't take it that far without unlocking your chip, that's why it reset itself to default setting.

BTW, is that a Duron or an Athlon?

Also, some motherboards have two settings, one where you configure the FSB with the bios, and one with jumpers. If it is set at 100 or whatever using jumpers it won't let you do anything in the Bios, you would need to change the jumpers to "automatic"

Back