• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF1942 Demo Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
I cant get the Battle Field 1942 demo to work on my computer. I tried it unpatched, but it would crash to desktop whenever i tried to launch a LAN server or join an internet server. I patched it to 1.1 (latest patch for demo) and now the game wont launch at all. The screen flashes to black, then back to desktop. Any ideas anyone? I have reinstalled and repatched, but nothing. The one thing i havent tried is changing video drivers, i am using the latest beta now, but i also remember having a problem with the single player demo last spring... so i dont know.

Whever i tried the unpathed demo the screen would go black and crash to desktop. What OS are your running? I had 98se

I know before I installed direct x 8.1 the screen would just flash and then would stay at the desktop. Update to the lastest version and see what that does for you.

win2k, DX8.1 I already tried reinstall direct X because i thought that might be the issue, but it didnt work. Il try that again though, becase thats what it does, flashes black and then back to desktop.

I figured it out, it doesnt like duel monitors. I have had problems before where when i install the second monitor driver it will use the existing direct X install with the new monitor, so i have to reinstall Direct X, but that didnt work this time. If i disable the second output on my video card then it works fine.

Now, is this just a demo issue, or a game issue? Anybody else run BF1942 with duel montors? Im thinking of getting this game, i definetly fun, but with this issue its just too much of a pain.

I just made a thread about this, not seeing yours. This crap made me so mad.

Back