• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I use Audigy Platinum with A7N8X?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XyKo

Disabled
I have the audigy platinum in my old comp. should I just take it out and use it on my mobo?

XyKo said:
I have the audigy platinum in my old comp. should I just take it out and use it on my mobo?
NOt if you get the deluxe version, it has soundstorm, surely top quality sound that would be eqaul or better than your card. Plus it's one less component to mess up.

Didn't someone post that using the onboard sound/lans at the same time may result in some distortion due to being overloaded?
I have ordered a audigy2 for mine , but if the onboard can operate fine while using all of its other features I may just return it. 100$ towards the other 2 things I still need:)

About Sound Quality, Audigy is better than SoundStorm...
SoundStorm is the best onboard sound..
But not like add on Sound..
Still Add on Sound is better...

However, SoundStream require less CPU power..
in game, SoundStream offer better fps than Audigy.

I don't know about Audigy 2..

SoundStorm is really good.. However, If you do care about sound quality, Audigy or even SB Live is better....

But, I will use SoundStorm if I have A7N8X or nForce2 motherboard. I'll save some money if I sell that audigy or some old sound card...

Because SoundStorm offer good enough sound quality for normal game or regular music

Last edited:
Back