• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 7VAXP Problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acelesson

Registered
The system I have recently built has been a huge hassle to work with. My first two problems were found right here on these forums, so I thank all who have contributed. After those two problems, I thought the system would run fine, untill I encountered an error. This probably isnt the right area for this post, but I thought since the other 2 problems were on the 7vaxp's shoulders...this one may be up its alley. When I put a cd in the cd drive, I get 2 different types of errors. The first is an Install Shield Engine error. It says the WinXp thing....."has encountered an error and needs to close" This happens particualiry when I am installing games on my computer. The other error is caused by Demo Shield. So whats wrong? is it my cd drive itself?? is it the IDE cable? I am a complete n00b, ill admit it now. But if someone has the wisdom to answer this, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,

Mike

it doesn't sound like the 7VAX would be responsible. It is sounding like it's something you mentioned, the IDE cables (I've some die on me from being too twisted) or the CD drive it's self. Does it do this with a different drive? Different cables?

Do you think that really is the problem, or is it a software Windows XP problem

i replaced the IDE cable, and I still am getting the same problems.

The first thing I would have tried besides looking for new drivers(even though xp drivers should work it) is putting something else on those same IDE channels with the same cable and seeing if they worked. If it didn't than I would have reinstalled XP. If that didn't work I would format/clean install XP. If that didn't work I would borrow a cd-rom or something from a friend and if that didn't work I would pick the computer up and throw it out the window...

If they're on different channels, you might have the cables backwards. Probably not though. Did you update XP? Try that, and if you already have, you might have installed an update that needed to be installed by itself, with other stuff.

If none of that rings a bell or helps, I'd just re-install windows and forget about it. That's usually what i do when I can't figure out a problem that sounds like the one you're having. It works 9 times outta 10.

But don't blame your mobo! The 7VAXP's are my babies!

Back