• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 3.06 GHz.........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metallica God

since that is already available , at least on intel website, i am pretty sure that the rest of the slower processors are going to fall in price, just wondering which one is the best deal to get...

there's already been a price drop for the slower processors. the next one will be in feb.

i couldn't really say what the best deal is as pretty much all P4's are well out of my price range. :(

They're asking about 430$ for a 2.66Ghz here... ridiculous as it's only 290$ in the USA. Looks like companies here have suddenly decided they can get away with 30%+ extra mark up. ffs.

looktall said:
there's already been a price drop for the slower processors. the next one will be in feb.

i couldn't really say what the best deal is as pretty much all P4's are well out of my price range. :(

how do you know that the next price drop will be in january, and is that only on processors or on everything including videocards and such?

Metallica God said:
how do you know that the next price drop will be in january, and is that only on processors or on everything including videocards and such?

intel drops prices at the same time each year....
plus they do say/hint when the price drops come...
but that is only for intel...

as for the rest, it really depends on how the rest compition is doing and if they leapfrog ahead of the other companys tech or not...

as for what CPU looks the best, the 2.4Ghz P4 looks pretty good to me, would be my pick (i think) if i had to buy today

Metallica God said:

how do you know that the next price drop will be in january

feb, not january. :D

and it will be for P4 chips ranging from 2.2 up to 3.06ghz and xeon's from 2.2 up to 2.66ghz.
there's also be a drop in january for the P4-M chips. ranging from 1.8 up to 2.2ghz.

i know this because i read the pricing roadmap. :D

ATI will havea nother card out by the time the Geforce FX is around in masses, the R350 and RV350 core
R350 will be using DDR-II aswell

we cant tell you how much of a price drop as we dont know for sure, same as why we cant say what video card will be better.
If you dont NEED a video card now, wait till the end of Feb-march, as alot more details on the new video cards will emerge

Back